The Testing Power You WantAcculogic’s Scorpion family of Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and In-circuit fixture-based testers were created with one underlining theme in mind: Cost-effective Testing. To achieve this objective, we designed a range of feature-rich testers offering:
- Advanced automatic program generation software
- Automatic CAD translation tools
- High performance analog measurement system – comprehensive passive component and discrete analog device test
- Patented vectorless opens test
- Unique and convenient Fixture exchange system
- Customizable Fixture Receiver to protect your fixture investments
- Power-up Test
- Advanced Function Test
- Boundary Scan (JTAG) Test
- In-System and Device Programming
High performance analog measurement system
The Scorpion series of testing equipment feature an analog measurement system consisting of a Measure and Stimulus instrument (a.k.a M&S) with flexible bi-directional routing between instruments and fixture receiver pins. Under program control, each of the analog measurement and stimulus instruments are set up and routed to their assigned pins for each test performed. The non-multiplexed architecture of Scorpion ICT series improves test performance and simplifies fixture design and test generation.The M&S module provides stimulus and measurement facilities for detecting shorts, opens, and incorrect component values on the Unit Under Test (UUT). In-circuit measurement of resistance, capacitance, and inductance identify actual component values.
Analog functional testing is also able to verify power on component parameters such as transistor beta, op amp closed loop gain, diode and transfer characteristics.BodeScan™ a patented, built-in network analyzer for detecting incorrect small value components in complex RF networks. RepairMatic an offline repair station that can download data from the Scorpion Tester and display the faults in a graphical environment.
Patented vectorless testVectorless test was pioneered in 1990 by ITA/Scorpion, (part of the Acculogic Group). It is now the preferred method to find “opens” faults around large pin count digital devices. This test method has rendered the lengthy process of test pattern development required to inspect complex VLSI parts on traditional In-Circuit testers obsolete. Acculogic’s Open Pin detection consists of two complimentary tools for the Scorpion series of testers; CScan™ and ChipScan™.
- CScan™ – Detects open leads on ICs including BGAs, reverse electrolytic capacitors, connector pins, and decoupling capacitors
- ChipScan™ – Detects open leads on ICs including BGAs with heat sinks
Advanced function test
Advanced Function Test expands the capabilities of the Scorpion ICT beyond basic manufacturing process test.
External commercially available instruments integrate directly with the Scorpion ICT and signal lines are routed to the fixture receiver under software control. Each instrument’s graphical user interface (GUI) provides an intuitive representation of the instrument controls and functions. Configuring instruments for a measurement is as simple as setting the dials. Once the parameters for a particular measurement are configured, program steps within the Integrator software environment flow seamlessly.
Instrument drivers are based on Interchangeable Virtual Instrument (IVI) protocols thus allowing easy and fast instrument replacement.
System versatilityThe logical subdivision of the systems into control computer, power supply, and measurement/switching units guarantees ease of integration into any test environment. A system configuration based on the 19”standard rack allows cost-effective incorporation into any production environment. Compatibility
- Migration from old or obsolete Automated Test Equipment/Systems has been simplified
- Use existing fixtures from your Teradyne, GenRad or Keysight (Agilent) systems
- Scorpion offers program translators to speed up program migration